Thursday, May 26, 2005

Farewells


Out (at Prezzo) with the Chemistry crew :) Posted by Hello

First we played an impressive game of rounders and all my Year 5, 6, 7, 8 memories came flooding back! I played backstop again - just like I used to! And my throw to first post felt wonderfully instinctive, I didn't even need to think about it.

I used to be highly competative back then. I captained the team on several occasions and played hard to the rules. Alice Bonnet and I spent hours practicing the fast hard throw-catch-stump from backstop to first routine. Seriously. It seems strange now to think of how much those matches meant to us - winning was so important! This afternoon wasn't about that though, and I couldn't have cared less which team actually won.

The meal was lovely - good food and fantastic company. The conversations weren't too dodgy (even with me and Jess sitting opposite eachother with our shared, um, sense of humour). Although I had another reminder of how geeky I've become. Note to self: do not make / enjoy Physics jokes in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home