Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Victory should be naked

I woke at 4am, opened a curtain, and listened to the dawn.

I watched an insect hurling itself against the glass of my bedroom window in a desperate attempt to break through. Every time it hit the invisible wall it rebounded and then threw itself towards it again. What did it hope to gain? Freedom? Do insects have any concept of freedom? Was it just following the laws of some taxis? Stupid insect. And then I thought about myself, and how many times I've launched myself at a barrier that I don't fully understand. And how many times I've been hurt doing so. And how many times I've picked myself back up and flown full pelt into it again - even though I don't know exactly what's on the other side. And then I opened the window.

In other news I took a Chem paper today and scored 74%. I just don't see how I'm ever going to get that up by Tuesday.

EDIT: go read this, it's hilarious, one of Kieran's best ever entries. Go on! Go! Click!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home